Welcome to Thunderbird Add-ons.
Add extra features and styles to make Thunderbird your own.Close
QuickFolders (Tabbed Folders) 5.7.2
The "Swiss army knife" of folders. Turn your favorites into tabs - open folders and subfolders, move mails without scrolling around or searching. powerful + easy.
See new mail at a glance after automatic filtering - supports quickFilters addon!
About this Add-on
This extension adds an extra toolbar to Thunderbird. When you drag a mail folder to it, you get a fully customizable shortcut to that mail folder. This supports full drag and drop, like the corresponding folder in the folder tree - You can drag messages on it to move/copy them to the folder, and access the bookmarked folders through keyboard shortcuts.
This is handy when you have a large tree of folders for clients or projects, but use only a few of them at the same time.
The quickMove / quickJump feature allows you to jump to any folder with a few keystrokes, including child folders using the "slash" feature. You can even create new folders while moving mail in order to expand an existing folder hierarchy.
The Category feature adds more usability by adding distinct areas to work in; this can make it easier to focus on a task that needs just a subset of the folders visible. There is also excellent integration with the Thunderbird tabbed interface provided since Thunderbird version 3.
Thunderbird 78 users:
The latest version of QuickFolders 5.0 is now fully compatible with Thunderbird 78. Thanks to all my users for their patience during this difficult times. Issue tracker for conversion project:
Find the complete history + bug list, visit quickfolders.org/version.html
- Fixed in 5.7.2: When quickFilters activates its assistant, all icons on left to the tabs will be white
- Added max version (Thunderbird 91.*) as mandated by new policies on ATN.
Maintenance Release - 5.7.1
- [issue 199] Fixed: when looking for parent folders using the syntax parent/parent/searchfolder, parent folder's with only a single character length name were not included.
- [issue 197] Instructions on empty toolbar get duplicated on folder change.
- Removed "workaround" experimental APIs (notifications, accounts)
Improvements - 5.7
- [issue 114] Make QuickFolders compatible with Thunderbird 91. (ESR 2021/22)
This is the list of issues found and fixed so far:
- Fixed the missing (and badly styled) [Buy License] button at the bottom of the options dialog. This is done by loading a separate style sheet link element into the shadow DOM.
- Fixed: showing the debug settings (and other advanced settings) via a small window that filters "about:config" stopped working in Tb91.
- Fixed: missing icons on sliding notification bars
- Removed deprecated fixIterator constructs
- [issue 189] Fixed: No longer able to move a message by dropping it on a quick folder tab. The function copyMessages was renamed in Tb91
- [issue 190] Fixed dragging the envelope from current folder toolbar (Navigation bar)
- [issue 187] Implement a QuickFolders Standard License. There will be now 2 licenses Pro and Standard, and the unfunded version will have a few restrictions. Most importantly, no more than 10 tabs are supported without any license. This is necessary in order to fund ongoing and future work so that the Add-on won't be lost to all users when Thunderbird moves away from experimental APIs. Standard Features will be listed here.
- [issue 184] Update Notice - [What's New] button is badly visible when using different QF theme than flat style.
- Ongoing work of Rewriting code to use APIs instead of Thunderbird's internal functions see [issue 147] for up to date detail.
Bug Fixes + Miscellaneus
- [issue 166] 3rd party themes - Current folder toolbar colors are incorrect until Refresh visible tabs command
- [issue 186] Theming make some items in options screens hard / impossible to see
- improved visibility of dropdowns in options screen when using dark (and third party) themes
- [issue 185] On installation / sometimes restart or update of _other_ add-ons category is reset to "all"
- Source code released under Custom License