About this Add-on
Readme - Bug report - Feature request
- Find ThirdStats in the Add-on Repository
- Click Add to Thunderbird and give necessary permissions
- Open the ThirdStats Popup in the upper right corner of the main toolbar and enjoy your email account stats
- Showing various stats in different chart types:
- Total numbers of emails and folders per account
- Sum of received and sent emails per year, per quarter, per month and per week
- Activity overview per year
- Sum of received and sent emails per daytime, per weekday and per month
- Temporal distribution of received and sent emails per weekday per hour
- Leaderboards of most contacted email addresses
- Show overall stats sum of all accounts
- Show stats for a specific folder or date range
- Activate all accounts that should be included (add-on option)
- Use a dark or a light theme (add-on option)
- Use a caching system to store already processed data (add-on option)
- Language support for Catalan, Chinese, Czech, English, French, Galician, German, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai and Turkish
To properly recognize emails as sent, make sure to configure all email addresses you write from as identities for your email account. You can do so under account settings > select your account > click button more identities at the bottom and add or modify identities as you need. Use the add-on options to define identities for local accounts.
Also keep in mind, that the processing of large mailboxes can take a lot of time.
Privacy and Security
ThirdStats runs entirely locally and will never contact, send or sell data to, any third-parties.
ThirdStats features require Thunderbird permissions to function, but will always seeks to minimise permissions where possible, and use granular permissions where available :
- Accounts: Access accounts and identities (read-only)
- Downloads: Export and download data as a file
- Messages: Access messages to create statistics (read-only)
- Storage: Store processed data (cache) for performance. Can be cleared or disabled at any time.
 Example: Thunderbird Permissions API does not currently provide for reading only message headers, instead of the entire email (including the body).
See the Security Policy for details how ThirdStats values your privacy.
Charts now have a background gradient to highlight upper parts of the chart. This applies to line and bar charts (the gradient for the latter is not too strong to maintain the bar starting point).
Data not final Indication
Dashed line style for the last segment of line charts indicating that the last data point isn't final yet. This doesn't apply if the date range filter is set.
Improved Doughnut Charts
Doughnut charts are now a bit thinner and tooltips now appear directly on the section the mouse is over.
Fix single entry Line Charts
Charts with one single entry on the x-axis now show a data point instead of nothing
ThirdStats is now fully available in English, German, French, Galician, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Russian and Swedish.
Improvement for Hungarian translation
Use of separate language keys for different output locations.
See full release notes with screenshots on GitHub.
- Source code released under MIT/X11 License