Welcome to Thunderbird Add-ons.
Add extra features and styles to make Thunderbird your own.Close
QuickFolders (Tabbed Folders) 5.8.3
The "Swiss army knife" of folders. Turn your favorites into tabs - open folders and subfolders, move mails without scrolling around or searching. powerful + easy.
See new mail at a glance after automatic filtering - supports quickFilters addon!
About this Add-on
This extension adds an extra toolbar to Thunderbird. When you drag a mail folder to it, you get a fully customizable shortcut to that mail folder. This supports full drag and drop, like the corresponding folder in the folder tree - You can drag messages on it to move/copy them to the folder, and access the bookmarked folders through keyboard shortcuts.
This is handy when you have a large tree of folders for clients or projects, but use only a few of them at the same time.
The quickMove / quickJump feature allows you to jump to any folder with a few keystrokes, including child folders using the "slash" feature. You can even create new folders while moving mail in order to expand an existing folder hierarchy.
The Category feature adds more usability by adding distinct areas to work in; this can make it easier to focus on a task that needs just a subset of the folders visible. There is also excellent integration with the Thunderbird tabbed interface provided since Thunderbird version 3.
Thunderbird 91 users:
The latest version of QuickFolders, v5.8.2 is fully compatible with Thunderbird 91. If you are having problem after upgrading from an older version of Thunderbird, you can force reinstalling by removing the extension first, without losing your settings - see the top of the latest version history for detailed instructions.
Thunderbird 68 support has ended on thunderbird.net
Unfortunately thunderbird.net does not accept updates for legacy versions anymore - they only support the new "Mail extension" format and our "mail extension with experimental APIs" which is a workaround for missing advanced features.
From of version 4.23 forward you have to install such legacy versions from the github releases page
Find the complete history + bug list, visit quickfolders.org/version.html
To support QuickFolders, please buy a QuickFolders Pro license here.
Or get the new cheaper QuickFolders Standard License. This is the preferred way of funding all the ongoing work and improvements.
Read the new comparison chart to see which functions you get depending on your license.
You can also donate from here.
Maintenance Release 5.8.3
- Fixed in page links for users with licenses! Before licensed users were directed to the top of a page instead of the correct location (such as the feature comparison list or current version info)
- Improved speed of license validator for Thunderbird 91.2 and later.
- Improved readability for menu items on (license-) restricted tabs.
Maintenance Release 5.8.2
- [issue 5] Long folders menus now scroll when dragging mails to screen edge.
- [issue 205] When clicking "get Messages" from any tab, QuickFolders used to also jump into the folder. This behavior is actually not desired, as you may have filter rules defined which remove mail from the Inbox so jumping into the Inbox is not useful when new mail is downloaded.
- [issue 191] Support large icon in QuickFolders toolbar buttons for high resolution displays.
Bug Fixes + Miscellaneus (5.8.1)
- [issue 211] Fixed: move Folders in quickMove fails in Thunderbird 91. You can now again drag (multiple) folders from the tree to the quickMove button in order to relocate them. Or use the Shortcut Shift+M if you have a QuickFolders Pro license.
- [issue 203] Fixed: When the quickFilters Add-on activates its assistant, all icons on left to the tabs on the QuickFolders toolbar turned white.
- [issue 209] Fixed: Tabs in Options Dialog become illegible in Thunderbird 91 when using dark themes with bright text.
- Fixed: In Thunderbird 91, background area behind current folder toolbar does not show correct background color from lightweight theme, even when lightweight support is enabled.
- Fixed: The History Tab was not displayed anymore when updating QuickFolders.
Known unresolved issues - W.I.P.
- [issue 204] WIP - Thunderbird 91: Background of QuickFolders toolbar doesn't support some themes when set to transparent.
- [issue 208] Upgrade from TB 78 to 91.1.2 sometimes leads to invalid / "orphaned" tabs.
For the moment, you should be able to resolve these by clicking a tab with the "broom" / invalid icon or by running the tool command "Find Orphaned tabs".
Should this not give the desired results, then you can export your tabs via the license tab or on the Advanced tab using the [Copy Tabs] button and send me the file so I can help you fix this.
- Source code released under Custom License