Welcome to Thunderbird Add-ons.
Add extra features and styles to make Thunderbird your own.Close
About this Add-on
It will prefill the destination folder and some of the conditions according to the selected template. It also adds lots of good usability features to the filter list, as described in Thunderbird [Bug 450302]. An advanced search box and 2 buttons (move to top, move to bottom) make it easy to manage many message filters.
Additional tools include:
- merging and cloning of filters
- cut, copy and paste even across mailboxes
- alphabetical sorting & grouping of selected filters
- extended search of filters: search conditions / actions / folder name
- find duplicate filters or filter conditions
- find all filters that affect a specific folder
- run filters from toolbar button
Thunderbird 68 support has ended on thunderbird.net
Unfortunately thunderbird.net does not accept updates for legacy versions anymore - they only support the new "Mail extension" format and our "mail extension with experimental APIs" which is a workaround for missing advanced features.
From of version 4.6 forward you have to install such legacy versions from the github releases page
Creates a Filter Assistant mode that makes it very easy to create new filters. Activate it, then drag an email into the folder tree. Then select from a few templates in order to create a new filter.
It will prefill the destination folder and some of the conditions dependant on the selected template, making the creation of filters a breeze.
It also adds some good usability features to the filter list, as described in Thunderbird [Bug 450302]. You can search for filters by conditions and actions, sort them alphabetically and transfer them from one account to another.
For Thunderbird 78 users, there is a preview version available here:
Maintenance Release 5.3.2
- Extended special offer for getting a quickFilters Pro license to 12th of September.
- 5.3.2 - Fixed domain license link. You can now buy a license for your enterprise, have a single license for muliple users and save money and time from 5 users and more.
- Fixed in 5.3.2 - The link to premium features directed to QuickFolders site, not quickFilters!
- Removed experimental APIs for notifications and reading accounts that worked around Bug 1710359.
Changes in 5.3.1
- quickFilters is now compatible with Thunderbird 91, which commences the next ESR period (2021-2022).
- [issue 67] Added colored icons and theme support in message filter list toolbar.
- Splash screen: instead of displaying this as soon as Thunderbird installs a new version of Thunderbird, this is now available by clicking the message on the assistant button which shows the fact that quickFilters was updated.
- Options are now available through Add-ons Manager / quickFilters "Wrench Icon".
- Restricted special search methods in the filter list to licensed users only.
- Added support for quickFilters Domain licenses - you can buy a domain license that can cover multiple users with a single license here.
- The link on the registration screen in 5.3 accidentally directed to buy a QuickFolders license. This is now fixed in version 5.3.1.
- The license validation didn't tell if license failing - fixed in 5.3.1
- [issue 66] Fixed: On some machines, quickFilters is not loading at startup (due to accounts not loading)
- [issue 68] Fixed: Moving mails with context menu moves wrong mails (it switched to mail below the selection and moved that instead).
- When an invalid license was entered in version 5.3 no feedback or reason for it not working was given.
- Removed experimental APIs for notifications and reading accounts that worked around Bug 1710359 .
- Use modern json localization format. This can avoid problems of dialogs not loading in non-English locales if a text is missing.
- Completed Argentinian Locale using strings from the Spanish one.
- Added Finnish, Portuguese and Polish translations (using google translate).
- Fixed missing icons on sliding notification bars
- Fixed style / visibility of [Buy License] button at bottom of settings dialog.
- Removed deprecated fixIterator function from findInboxFromRoot() function
- Using notifyTools for updating UI via background page (mail extension conversion).
- Licenser code migrated into background script.
- Hiding / showing the toolbar in filter list is now instant.
- Removed obsolete legacy locale files.
- Removed all references to the old mozdev.org site.
- Source code released under Custom License