|User since||Aug. 31, 2007|
|Number of add-ons developed||0 add-ons|
|Average rating of developer's add-ons||Not yet rated|
Rated 4 out of 5 stars
Nice little addon. But it misses a few things:
(1) Right click to stop all buttons isn't intuitive because right click is usually for menu. I prefer Ctrl + Left click or Shift + Left click, which is consistent to how reload button works.
(2) It would be nice to have a new tooltip to remind the extra function added to the Stop button.
I have hacked the code to add the above functions too for my friends and me. If you find the above functions useful for you too, you may download this hacked addon:
To developer, feel free to implement my codes into your existing addon. Thank you for your work. :-)
@ Reverse Quick, it works fine in Firefox 3.5.1. "Customize" toolbar function is also working. Perhaps there are some conflicts on your Firefox.
Rated 1 out of 5 stars
It only let you to put in minutes only not seconds. It doesn't display the process of the countdown timer. It only alert you when the time is up. Use better alternatives instead:
Tea Timer (same name but somehow different): https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/7472
Rated 3 out of 5 stars
It's a nice timer but I have one major complaint. The prompt after the countdown is expired is hardly noticeable. I want it to pop up a dialog or anything similar when the countdown ends. I'm not expected to watch at the countdown closely to know when it's end. Showing the small icon only beside the timer is hardly useful.
It would be nice to have a faster way to change the countdown value.
A limitation: Hour in countdown is limited to 1-30. You can't go higher than 30 hours.
Rated 5 out of 5 stars
It completes what Stylish has left behind:
* New Stylish 1.0.x removed a handful of good features which the developer doesn't bother to add back. Stylish-custom did.
* New Stylish 1.0.x is missing features that are frequently requested but the developer refuses to add. Stylish-custom did.
This is a Stylish power pack that many people will find it beneficial. You should definitely install it especially if you write or test styles a lot.
Don't scare away simply it says it's experimental. It's very stable to me.
ChoGGi is very active and responsive to people requests. You requested it on day one. He implemented it on day one (yes! It's the same day!). He will even add features which are not commonly requested.
I would have gave it 10 stars if the site allows me to.
He had saved me tons of hours. My savior!
Rated 1 out of 5 stars
It may be useful in the past but not anymore.
Now it is a redundant addon since Adblock Plus has the built-in subscription already. Unfortunately the author of Filterset.G filter list refuses to use the built-in ones. Therefore you only need this addon if you want to use Filterset.G filter list.
However this list is not optimized for use with Adblock Plus. The list uses so many complex regex and excessive exclusion rules which will slow down Adblock Plus. Also it doesn't block ads and keep it up-to-date. There are many better filter lists offered at the official Adblock Plus website at http://adblockplus.org/en/subscriptions
, so we don't need Filterset.G filter list anymore.
As a reference, you may read this post: http://adblockplus.org/en/faq_project#filterset.g . The author of Adblock Plus discourage us from using Filterset.g too. The pointed out several reasons why we shouldn't use it.
Quote from http://adblockplus.org/en/faq_project#filterset.g (2007 Sep 21):
* Filterset.G has been intentionally made incompatible with the built-in subscriptions feature in Adblock Plus, updating Filterset.G requires a separate extension which basically duplicates existing functionality.
* Filterset.G is not optimized for use with Adblock Plus, it will slow down your browsing considerably more than any other filter list.
* Filterset.G makes heavy use of very complicated regular expressions with the consequence that finding the source of problems is difficult and fixing those problems is even more so. In fact, Filterset.G is fixing most problems with exception rules which creates a problem on its own (see next point).
* Filterset.G contains a considerable number of exception rules. This is a big problem because exception rules cannot be overridden. It happened on several occasions that exception rules from Filterset.G whitelisted actual ads making these ads unblockable — something users usually blamed Adblock Plus for.
It's time to forget this addon and Filterset.G!! Start now and pick your favorite filter lists over http://adblockplus.org/en/subscriptions and enjoy no-ad surfing :)