About this Add-on
Readme - Bug report - Feature request
- Find ThirdStats in the Add-on Repository
- Click Add to Thunderbird and give necessary permissions
- Open the ThirdStats Popup in the upper right corner of the main toolbar and enjoy your email account stats
- Showing various stats in different chart types:
- Total numbers of emails and folders per account
- Sum of received and sent emails per year, per quarter, per month and per week
- Activity overview per year
- Sum of received and sent emails per daytime, per weekday and per month
- Temporal distribution of received and sent emails per weekday per hour
- Leaderboards of most contacted email addresses
- Show overall stats sum of all accounts
- Show stats for a specific folder or date range
- Activate all accounts that should be included (add-on option)
- Use a dark or a light theme (add-on option)
- Use a caching system to store already processed data (add-on option)
- Language support for Catalan, Chinese, Czech, English, French, Galician, German, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai and Turkish
To properly recognize emails as sent, make sure to configure all email addresses you write from as identities for your email account. You can do so under account settings > select your account > click button more identities at the bottom and add or modify identities as you need. Use the add-on options to define identities for local accounts.
Also keep in mind, that the processing of large mailboxes can take a lot of time.
Privacy and Security
ThirdStats runs entirely locally and will never contact, send or sell data to, any third-parties.
ThirdStats features require Thunderbird permissions to function, but will always seeks to minimise permissions where possible, and use granular permissions where available :
- Accounts: Access accounts and identities (read-only)
- Downloads: Export and download data as a file
- Messages: Access messages to create statistics (read-only)
- Storage: Store processed data (cache) for performance. Can be cleared or disabled at any time.
 Example: Thunderbird Permissions API does not currently provide for reading only message headers, instead of the entire email (including the body).
See the Security Policy for details how ThirdStats values your privacy.
An addition to the featured numbers section: The number of emails flagged as junk, as well as an average junk score of all emails.
Plus another contacts bar chart showing the contacts whose emails have been flagged as junk.
Account Comparison Icon Button
The account comparison switch is now always visible. It's inactive if only one account is active in add-on options or a single account was selected in stats account filter. In both cases it shows a corresponding tooltip making clear, why this button is inactive. In active state, the tooltip shows what happens if the button is clicked.
The 'All Accounts' filter option is now made more aware by always showing it (it's disabled for only one single activated account) and placing a corresponding hint in the accounts option on the options page. The visibility of action buttons on the stats page (reload, export, options, year navigation) is improved by increasing contrast between icon color and background. This provides better accessibility and UX.
New, less author opinionated default values were set:
- Dark mode: off
- Vertical axis: shown
- Start of week: based on TB locale
- Accounts: all activated
Improved Documentation and Wording
Badge links and some markdown issues got fixed. Also the option 'Self Messages' was renamed in 'Messages to Self'.
See full release notes with screenshots on GitHub.
- Source code released under MIT/X11 License