About this Add-on
This is a full rewrite of the original, proprietary, of the 'Remove Duplicate Messages' extension, with an GPL-LGPL-MPL license. The rewrite has included significant performance improvement, and several important features and capabilities, have been added, including:
- Choice of comparison criteria (subject, author, date, etc).
- Comparison of message bodies.
- Action on multiple folders.
- Review dialog for double-checking which duplicates to delete and which to keep.
- Good performance on local folders with large number of messages; reasonable performance with IMAP and RSS accounts.
- Spiffy toolbar button+menu.
There's also a SeaMonkey version, though not as frequently tested.
I had tried contacting the author of the original 'Remove Duplicate Messages' several times, without success. I would have liked to join forces and have just one extension, but that doesn't seem to work out.
Also, some locales are incomplete - help with them would be appreciated. Visit the BabelZilla translation website.
* **Compatibility**: No longer compatible with Seamonkey 1.x, Toolkitized Seamonkey (2.x)
* **Compatibility**: No longer compatible with Thunderbird 30...67.
* **Fix**: Status flag comparison criteria was present only on the menubutton but not in the preferences dialog - now it appears in both.
Internal changes (no user visibility):
* No longer using JARs within the XPI
* Reworked the directory structure
* Dropped some files only in use by previous TB versions (but not all files for now)
* Using John Bieling's privileged extension loader, from [here](https://github.com/thundernest/addon-developer-support/); see [this guide](https://github.com/thundernest/addon-developer-support/wiki/Using-the-WindowListener-API-to-convert-a-Legacy-Overlay-WebExtension-into-a-MailExtension-for-Thunderbird-78) regarding how to use it.
* Now using service getters provided by `Services.jsm` and `MailServices.jsm` whenever possible.
* Now logging using a plain and simple `console.log()`.
- Source code released under Mozilla Public License Version 1.1