About this Add-on
- Enables simple, yet private file sharing with end-to-end encryption
- Files are securely encrypted and uploaded locally in Thunderbird using the Web Crypto and WebSocket APIs
- Files are encrypted and uploaded in chunks, so it requires very little memory (RAM) for even large files
- Link(s) are automatically added to the e-mail by Thunderbird when upload(s) finish, which includes the encryption secret needed to decrypt the file(s)
- When recipient clicks the link(s), the files securely download and decrypt locally in their browser using that encryption secret
- Link(s) automatically expire after the download and time limit
- Desktop notifications when the upload(s) start and finish
- Users can specify the Send service instance(s) to use, defaults to the one provided by Tim Visée: https://send.vis.ee
- Users can specify the download and time limits for each file and defaults for each Send service instance
- Supports the maximum file size supported by each Send service instance, currently 10 GiB
- Supports canceling the upload(s)
- Supports deleting the file(s) from server after upload(s) finish
- Supports all v3 (or greater) Send service servers/instances
- Does NOT require a Firefox Account (FxA) or any other accounts, all uploads are anonymous
- Supports the light/dark mode of your system automatically
- Follows the Thunderbird Photon Design
More information on the encryption used can be found in the official Send service documentation here.
❤️ Please visit tealdulcet.com to support this extension and my other software development.
Reviews are not monitored for bug reports. Please use the GitHub repository to report any issues or make feature requests: https://github.com/tdulcet/Thunderbird-Send
This add-on is not affiliated with Mozilla, Firefox or any Send service instance.