Rated 1 out of 5 stars
1) AB Options tab now only populates with NO parameters (NO Tags & ZEROED LIMITS, no matter what might have been saved before)
2) no option to Learn message as during right click on message list item
3) still chews up and down on memory consumption/exhaustion as reported with v1.1.0
Allegedly v1.1.0 works with Tbird 78.x.
Well, here's how...:
1) one of the SLOWEST extensions to load/reload that I have ever witnessed
2) Options page loads EMPTY, hangs (literally for hours), "recovers," then refuses to accept any parameters (sees no existing Tbird tags, accepts no Learning upper limit size, accepts no Judgement log retention), then hangs again,
3) worst possible resource consumption of any extension I have ever witnessed: can variously demand 2GB-&gt;20GB of memory while DOING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, just "idling"). Luckily, it's not a memory leak - all memory is freed up if/when Tbird is exited and/or process-killed
I could go on.
Suffice it to say that this is a really excellent extension in hanging/tying up all of Tbird via ridiculous system resource exhaustion..
(Tbird really needs to be able to throttle runaway resource consumption by badly coded extensions like this one).
Are any of these the reasons why v1.1.0 is BURIED on the Other Versions page??? It sure doesn't show up on the main page.
Sorry, I fixed an issue where the processing of plugins became very heavy in version 1.1.1.
The reason the version 1.1.0 is not displayed on the main page is that this site is probably judging the user agent and separating the display.
The correct version is displayed when I access it in the thunderbird browser.
I have released version 1.1.4.
I fixed some code that might consume a lot of memory and CPU when reading the settings at startup.
The reason why the menu was not displayed to you correctly is probably because the startup process was taking a long time.
This may be the reason why the settings are empty.
Rated 5 out of 5 stars
amazon tag add-ons, let email more clear :)This review is for a previous version of the add-on (1.0.11).
Rated 1 out of 5 stars
I really like the _idea_ of this add-on - using bayesian flitering to tag emails.
The problem is that I cannot figure out how to train emails.
Is it just tagging them? Or do I need to use the context menu? Does un-tagging correct a false positive?
Also, it'd be helpful if there were default settings for the plugin, instead of blank fields. How many kb? No idea. How long for retention? No idea.
I'm guessing that this is just a documentation and UI/UX problem, not a functional one. But since I cannot determine if things are working or not, I cannot use it.
Thanks for writing it, and I hope that a future revision has some more clarity. Or perhaps a happy user can leave a comment here?
Thanks for the review!
I added the explanation to "About this Add-on".
I also have a help page. I want you to see that too.
I recommend setting 100KB and 78 hours. I was supposed to set the default value, but it wasn't working because of a bug.
I fix ver1.0.8
* Fixed the problem that the initial value of the option was empty
* Added instructions on how to use when installing an extension
* Fixed help
Rated 4 out of 5 stars
danke für die Übersetztung