Welcome to SeaMonkey Add-ons.
Add extra features and styles to make SeaMonkey your own.Close
About this Add-on
Link Status works not only for text links but also for image links, which usually lack a visual clue about whether they are linked to visited pages or not.
When using Link Status in Firefox 3.5 or later, you can choose to stop Firefox from rendering visited links differently. To do so, select the “Disable visited link styling” (“Ignore :visited link style” in Link Status 1.1 or older) checkbox from the Options/Preferences button in the Add-ons dialog box. By doing so, you can prevent a web server from abusing this feature of Firefox to probe which pages you have visited (https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=147777), thus reducing the risk to privacy.
Link Status runs in the following languages: German (de-DE), English (en-US), Spanish (es-ES), French (fr), Italian (it), Japanese (ja), Dutch (nl-NL), Portuguese (pt-BR), Russian (ru-RU). The English version will be used in Firefox in other languages. Thanks to translators!
The icons may not be consistent with your theme.
Email to me (fcp) at firstname.lastname@example.org in Japanese or English to report a bug.
Thank you for your interests in Link Status.
First let me clarify an unfortunate fact: I have not tested Link Status with Firefox 4, and the current latest version (1.6) of Link Status does not support Firefox 4. Sorry for this. If you disable the compatibility check, it shows the star icons (which overlaps the content of the web page in an ugly way), but this behavior is completely by accident and you should not count on it. I cannot rule out the possibility that Link Status does any harm to the usual functionality of Firefox 4.
I received the questions from several people when it will support Firefox 4. Unfortunately I do not have an estimate at this moment because I have been and will be too busy to work on Link Status for a while. I will try to find some time to work on it, but do not hold your breath.
Link Status is in the public domain. If you want to start a fork, just do it. You do not have any obligations, legally or ethically, such as getting my permissions or acknowledging that it is based on Link Status. That is the whole point of putting a program in the public domain.
- The icon for bookmarked pages was not shown when Link Status 1.5 was used in SeaMonkey 2.0. Thanks to Philip Chee for providing a patch, which I have adopted with small modifications.
This version has been tested with the following versions of Firefox and SeaMonkey on Windows:
- Firefox 3.6.4, Firefox 3.6.3, Firefox 3.6, Firefox 3.6 Beta 5, Firefox 3.6 Beta 2, Firefox 3.6 Beta 1,
- Firefox 3.5.6, Firefox 3.5.5,
- Firefox 3.0.16, Firefox 3.0.15,
- SeaMonkey 2.0.1, SeaMonkey 2.0.
Changes in Link Status 1.5 against 1.4:
- Link Status now runs also in the following 7 languages. Thanks to the translators for contributing their translations at BabelZilla.
-- German (de-DE) by Julian Hankel.
-- Spanish (es-ES) by Erik Bermejo http://www.elpomeloradiactivo.com/ email@example.com.
-- French (fr) by Goofy.
-- Italian (it) by Luana Di Muzio - BabelZilla.
-- Dutch (nl-NL) by markh van BabelZilla.org.
-- Portuguese (pt-BR) by Marcelo Ghelman (ghelman.net).
-- Russian (ru-RU) by Пирятинский Виталий.
- Link Status now runs with SeaMonkey 2.0. Thanks to Philip Chee for providing a patch (http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?p=7856945#p7856945), which I have adopted with a small modification.
- Made small changes which should not affect the user-visible behavior. This includes the bump of em:maxVersion for Firefox in install.rdf from 3.6b1pre to 3.6.*.
Source code license: This extension is in the public domain.