Welcome to Thunderbird Add-ons.
Add extra features and styles to make Thunderbird your own.Close
Header Tools Lite 1.5.6
by opto, Paolo "Kaosmos"
Allows to modify the header and the source of messages
About this Add-on
This extension allows the user to change the messages in folders.
The editing features (changing headings only, or editing the entire source code of the message) are accessible from the menu "Message" -> "HeaderToolsLite" or from the context menu in message panel.
The edit function of the entire source code should be used with caution, because a wrong change can cause problems in displaying all the messages in the folder. Moreover, it might not work properly with some characters and some encodings.
Options for the extension:
- Put the original message to the Trash (default = true): the changes are made by creating a copy of the original message. This option controls whether the original message goes to the Trash folder, or is deleted.
- Forcing changes with IMAP accounts (default = true): some IMAP servers, such as Gmail, do not accept changes if some basic headers (date, sender, the message id, object) are not modified . With this option enabled, the changes are forced by changing the date of the message by 1 second.
- Add the header X-HeaderToolsLite (default = false): by enabling this option, every time a change is adding a header that describes the type of change and its time and date.
- Keyboard shortcuts: they are disabled by default.
This is an update from TB 60 to TB 78, TB 91 and TB 102-104, done by Klaus Buecher (opto). I am grateful to Paolo for giving me access to his original addon page on ATN.
- Source code released under GNU General Public License, version 3.0