About this Add-on
This add-on is compatible with Thunderbird 68+.
How to use
- Select a desired color via the standard "Choose color for text" dialog window.
- This color will be added to the "Previous Colors" dropdown list.
- To remove a color from this dropdown, click the "X" button next to that color.
- This add-on will work reliably only if the setting "Options > General > Language & Appearance > Fonts & Colors > Colors > Override the colors specified by the content with my selections above" is set to "Never".
When installing the add-on the message might appear:
It requires your permission to:
* Have full, unrestricted access to Thunderbird, and your computer
Technically, it's correct because this add-on uses WebExtension Experiments (https://thunderbird-webextensions.readthedocs.io/en/latest/how-to/experiments.html). This API is needed for the following things:
- Get and set the last used color.
- Know when a user changes the color via "Choose color for text" dialog window.
Other than that, the add-on also requires
storagepermission for standard WebExtension API.
The source code is available at:
Submit bugs or requests on GitHub or via email.