Welcome to Thunderbird Add-ons.
Add extra features and styles to make Thunderbird your own.Close
About this Add-on
The transfer to TB 78 involves a lot of work. I (opto) appreciate if you can support this by a donation.
XNote allows you to create a note for each mail. Thus, you can add for example the phone number of that contact or when you have to contact the sender back.
- Add notes to messages
- Custom column to mark messages with notes.
- Highlight messages with notes.
- Resizeable notes
- Preset standard note position of screen, even outside of TB main window.
- Create notes by keyboard only (no mouse needed).
- Translated into Dutch, English, French, Galician, German, Italian, Japanese, and Polish.
- XNote toolbar button: XNote comes with a button to add a note to a message. To enable this button, right click on the toolbar (the bar with the icons below the menu bar) and select "Customize...". Locate the "XNote" button and drag it onto your toolbar. Then select "Done" in the customization window.
- XNote column: If you want to see the "Notes" column, you have to add it via a (left-)click on the rightmost icon in the column headers of the e-mail list (above the scrollbar).
Upgrade to Thunderbird 68
- The latest version is compatible with TB 68, but it seems that Thunderbird fails to automatically update the add-on in some cases. If this is the case, please update manually by downloading the latest compatible version from here.
- Some people have reported that the XNote toolbar button and/or the XNote column is missing after an upgrade to Thunderbird 68. It looks like there is already a Thunderbird bug for this (https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1584160) which should be fixed in TB 68.3 - PreRelease Build already available: http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/thunderbird/candidates/68.3.0-candidates/build1/
Kown major issues:
- Notes window disappears if moved too quickly. This was introduced by some Thunderbird version < 35 and I assume it to be a bug in Thunderbird's dialog movement handling. If this happens, the note's position can be reset to the default location using the context menu in the message list.
This is a port to Thunderbird >= 3 based on XNote 2.1.0 ( https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/3093 ) with bugfixes and additional features.