To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
About this Add-on
For a different way to access Gopher URLs in Firefox 56+, try OverbiteWX. OverbiteWX submits your Gopher URLs and Gopher links to the Floodgap Public Gopher Proxy. Future versions will allow selecting other proxies and eventually direct TCP access when these APIs are available.
- Transparent support: downloads, bookmarks and links act just like any other URL
- Inline view: see documents and images right from a Gopher menu without leaving it
- Enhanced navigation (3.0+): uses CAPS facilities on participating servers to fetch server metadata, allowing easier menu navigation and additional features
- Proxy support: supports SOCKS proxy access
- Customizable skins: create your own CSS skins for menus dynamically
Gopher support is no longer built-in to Firefox 4.0 and up. If you wish to view Gopher servers with Firefox 4.0 or later, you must install an add-on such as this one. OverbiteFF is not vulnerable to the gopher XSS bug repaired in Firefox 3.6.11.
NoScript users using OverbiteFF 2.0 and higher: you may need to whitelist specific Gopher URLs to allow inline view to function, or you can whitelist the entire protocol. See your NoScript documentation, or see: Troubleshooting Overbite with script blockers (gopher URL).